My Plan for TheThriftySavant.com…
My goal is to help you learn how to live a money-conscious lifestyle while creating sustainable wealth. You’ll find hundreds of ideas to reduce what you spend and make the most of your earning potential. Check out the frugal recipes, home improvement, travel tips, parenting ideas, thrifty fashion and so much more!
About Rick Couchman…
I’ve been building websites and creating online communities for over 25 years.
I tend to toss humour around. Often, laughing really is my best medicine. I also share a great deal of vulnerability. I open up and share, with hopes that I can offer an honest look at life. Between humour and vulnerability, I hope to catch your attention.
Please understand it can be difficult for me to open up, but I see value to you in it.
I bring a wealth of understanding and experience in the social sciences, including:
- a BA double-majoring in psychology and sociology from Wilfrid Laurier University
- 8 years as a caseworker in Ontario Works
- 4 years as an outreach coordinator with hard-to-employee clients within Ontario Works
- time spent as an outpatient mobile crisis worker
- a stint as an outreach manager with the Canadian Mental Health Association
- several years as a supportive housing outreach coordinator with The Bridges at the Cambridge Shelter in Galt, ON
- several years as a supportive housing worker for disadvantaged, homeless youth for Cambridge Kiwanis Non-Profit Housing
- had a six-month contract as an online communications specialist with a regional health unit.
- Oh, and I was the communications guy for radio stations CHYM, KIX106, and 570 News in Kitchener.
My coolest gig was working a couple of decades as a part-time journalist covering the Toronto Maple Leafs (which is God’s team, we’re sure.)
Sadly I’ve been on disability for more than a decade, all stemming from that damned depression and anxiety. The good is mixed with the not-so-good. Thank God for the Canada Pension Plan.
V.P of Tummy Rubs and Treats
The four-legged office assistant is Murphy. He was born May 4, 2020 and has quickly become a loyal friend and confidant. I’m always looking to him for his opinion on small business items. A wag of the tail is all that’s need ed. He likes to chew my shoes, but I’ve got him trained to the point where he now at least waits for me to take them off before he starts gnawing. He’s cute, smart, and helps me through insurmountable issues. He’s my own little therapist. Get a dog. So good for mental health.
I’m so lucky to say I’m happily married, with wife Sherry and two awesome kids in their 20s, living in Cambridge, Ontario.
And finally: please visit RickCouchman.com for all of my current online projects!
Feel free to use our contact form to get ahold of Rick, or use this method:
113 Thomas St,
Cambridge, ON, Canada
rick @ thethriftysavant (dot) com